Saturday, October 22, 2005

On the Road Again

Hello to everyone! As I said, if I could get to an internet connection, I will post whenever possible. So here I am again on the road, or between flights, stopping in at a cafe' to get my internet fix. It's times like these that I think of the movie The Beach and how familiar so many scenes from that movie are to me. In the past 2 years I have found myself traveling to many countries around the world and my only means of viable communication have been checking email when the opportunity presents itself. It's strange because as a kid growing up I never had money, going to a movie was an expense for a birthday and not a common weekend event. Truthfully, growing up I never even imagined leaving the southern US, much less traveling to other countries. If it were not for a very good friend of mine about 4-5 years ago that worked for an airline I don't know if I would have ever left America. Because of his job I was able to fly virtually free and traveled to Mexico and Amsterdam. Without the experiences of these trips I do not believe that I would have ever considered working overseas. I truly count myself fortunate! It never gets dull and I always step back in amazement of the things I get to see and the places I visit. I count myself blessed and it all started with a friend that opened my eyes to the world! Thanks Jerry!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, people come into our lives for a reason, clearly Jerry came into yours, at least in part, to introduce you to the rest of the world. Indeed, you are lucky. I'm glad you've chosen to make the best of it. The world is such an awesome place, I think everyone should see as much as it as possible. Have a fabulous trip!!

10/26/2005 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home