Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Stupid Tired

Have you ever had the feeling when your not just tiered, but you are just flat out Stupid Tired???

Well today was a very long day that I will have to elaborate on later, as of now I have been at it for 17 hours and I almost passed out on my laptop until I was IM'ed by a friend a minute ago.

I have to try to get to my hooch or I will be sleeping in the office tonight!

Take care all and I'll update about my extremely crazy, bussy, long day tomorrow!!!

Stupid Tired (cont.)
I started my day at 5:30am and was met with delays all morning waiting on a chopper. That steatched out the morning quite a bit. I wound up making a mad dash for Taco Bell for some folks at the base of destination, if the bird would ever arrive. I know this sounds funny but this base has a Taco Bell and the one I was headed to doesnt... I picked up $75 worth of Taco Bell... and that is a hell of a lot of Tacos/Barritos!! Loaded it in my backpack and headed back for the flight line.

I sat there for about an hour and a half with six soldiers in the direct sun, 120+ degrees on hot concrete. It seemed like forever! Finally, the birds arrived and things picked up a bit. Once I arrived at Liberty I made my delivery of Taco Bell and was off to pick up a Dell Power Edge Server that I had to take back with me. This 8u beast was a bit heavy and hard to grip on the bubble rap and tape. I took some time to gather some of my personal electonics to fill my pack for the trip back and prepared to return.

So there I was waiting for choppers again wearing 40 lbs of body armor a 40 lb. pack and a 60+ lb. server. Then I had to walk through 50 yards of river rocks, almost the size of footballs, with all this crap out to the helo-pad. When I finally made it to the chopper there was no floor room and I had to lift the server, still standing on the ground, over some seats and down into the chopper. This proved even more difficult to remove upon arrival.

Finally, I made it back but only made it with the server about 80 yards and the strain of pulling out the server etc took its toll. My arms blew out. It was like lifting weights untill you cant even pick up 5 lbs. I had the bus driver come pick up the server and carry it to the bus, after quickly informing him that it weighed about what he did and was probably worth a month om MY pay! I just drug my pack along behind him... I thought I was going to pass out and was probably partially dehydrated at that point.

I made it back to the office and after checking and responding to some emails almost passed out face first on my keyboard. And that's when I posted the beggining of this post...heh

WoW, what a day... All that because DHL screwed up and left the server at the wrong base!!! Who has the number to the Better Business Bureaus of Iraq???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home