Friday, December 16, 2005

One Fine Day


Fine day in Egypt Posted by Picasa

This week has been a "Ground Hog Day" to the extent that I have been so wrapped up in work day in and day out that it seems the week will never end. The days have changed but each day of work has repeated itself over and over.

I was taking a moment this evening to look back at 6 weeks ago when I was on vacation. I found this photo that I decided to post because it reminds me that in another 6-8 weeks I will be free again. Free of the confines of living and working on a military instillation in the middle of a war ridden country where every day is work, eat, sleep, with what seems like no end.

Today was a fine day, (tongue in cheek!) as if things couldn't be better, it rained! Most people would expect for rain to be a good thing in the desert, but IT'S NOT! The dust and dirt here becomes extremely sticky and the next thing you know its everywhere! I really wanted to get some photos of the new rainfall, but my little Canon Digital Elph isn't quite set up for super high speed/wet environment shots! Instead, I decided to think about places I would like to be...

I have no clue why another desert popped into my head! Maybe it was just a cleaner, dryer place than here at the moment. My thoughts should really be on my next vacation. This will be the end of year 2 coming up and I have 3+ weeks to plan for. I just hope it begins to warm up in February. I do like the cold, but if its going to be cold it might as well snow. The slush and ice back home in Houston are not fun to deal with!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look so amazing.

12/20/2005 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home