Saturday, November 26, 2005

Christmas Shopping from Iraq

Last night I did some Christmas shopping. I must say that Newegg is my one stop shop for computers, cameras and electronics and they also ship to APO! I haven't a clue about what I am going to buy for family yet, but there were a few things that I bought for myself. That sounds bad, but when you are over here for a few years you don't spend the much time with people to know what it is they may need or like. I am not very good at shopping for others until I get some type of a creative streak or run across some unique items. I guess I need to do some more looking around. It's just a bit difficult to window shop in Iraq unless you settle for "Microsoft Windows" shopping... heh.

The most important gift to me is time spent with others. Being away from home for so long really teaches you to value the time that you spend with family and friends. Personally, the best gift to be given or received is time. I don't say that to be cheap. I am much more likely to spend money on someone else rather than on myself. To buy something for myself I evaluate it over time and really have to justify it to myself. When it comes to others, if its something they want (within some reason) their happiness is justification enough.

Now I just have to wait for some answers on requests for gift ideas from a few people. Then I can surf like mad trying to find something I would like to fill the wish with! Thank goodness for Newegg.com, Amazon.com, Oldnavy.com and Walmart.com and all the others not mentioned. On that note, thank goodness for American Express... LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home