Saturday, September 10, 2005

Why Casper?

I wanted to take a moment and explain the name Casper.
Just plain and simple it was my call sign when I was in Bagdad. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am white, nor any racial motivation. It is not derogatory, nor meant to be, for the simple fact that I gave it to myself. We all have callsigns that we use here, be it Raven, Bash, Ghost-Rider... just think of the classic movie Top Gun. They used a lot of Crazy names like Maverick, Goose and Ice-Man! Anyway, all that aside I am a pretty down to earth friendly guy and the name just suites me. Besides, it's always fun to frag people, on LAN games of Halo 2, running around with a name like Casper! So that's the story, silly as it may be, and I really don't think about it much until someone new sees something on my desk etc. and says, "Casper?" Then I realize that everyone associates the name with the ghost. But I really like the name myself and rarely even think of the cartoon character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home